Tuesday, May 27, 2014

You Won't Believe Where I Went!







One morning this week, I was talking casually with a group of 3 kindergarten students. One curly-haired boy bounded down the hall in my direction saying enthusiastically, "Miss Mimi, guess where I went for spring break. Michigan!" A fair-haired girl said, "I went to Disney!" Turning to the third child, who was a little carrot-top, I said, "Did you go anywhere for spring break, or did you stay home like I did?" Without hesitation, he looked at me and said in all seriousness, "I went to Deja Boo."  Now in case you're wondering what in the world he meant, I think he was trying to outdo his friends.  He had heard the word deja vu and thought it sounded exotic, so he decided that's where he would say he'd been for spring break.  However, he made a slight boo boo on the pronunciation (pun intended), as I'm sure you noticed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!