Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sunscreen Alert!

"Be nice (clap clap), work hard (clap clap), SPREAD some sunshine!" That's the mantra I teach my children in guidance classes. They learn that when we're kind and try hard, we're spreading sunshine around us, and when we're mean and lazy, we're spreading thunderstorms. In other words, our actions and moods affect others. Well, when I noticed my red-haired kindergarten friend ignoring some misbehavior going on near him in guidance class last week, I complimented him and said, "You're gonna get sunburned!", referring to the fact that he was spreading sunshine by setting such a good example. Fast forward to yesterday morning. I met this little guy out in the hall for him to color in his daily behavior chart, and unfortunately he ran down the hall to get back to his room. Seeing this, I asked him to come back to me and walk back correctly. As he did so, I bragged on his quiet progress down the hall. With a big old grin, he turned his head back in my direction and said, "Guess I'm gonna get sunburned again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!