Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Good Advice From a 1st Grader



As I was checking on a mischievous first grade boy this morning, encouraging him to have a self-control filled day, his teacher said, "We'll see you this afternoon, Miss Mimi!", referring to the fact that I'd be teaching their class a guidance lesson later on. Jokingly, I replied, "If I feel like it." The little boy I was there to see stood up, shook his head, flashed a smile, and confidently announced to me in front of his whole class, "You don't have to FEEL like doing it, but you still have to do it!" Clapping and bouncing up and down, I said, "What awesome advice for first graders and grown-ups to follow...I'm SO glad you know that!" I think he understands what self-control's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!