Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Purple Heart



As I entered a classroom to check on some children first thing this morning, an impetuous, freckle-faced boy ran up to me with a purple marker, offering to give it to me. I said, "That's so sweet, but I'll just use it while I'm in here and leave it with you." He said, "No Miss Mimi, I don't even like purple." I said, "Yes, but you might need to color some grapes or something." I guess he saw the wisdom of this, so he disconsolately shook his head. After a moment or two, the child was back with a different marker in his hand. He said, "Miss Mimi, open your hand." I did what he asked, and he carefully drew a heart in my palm. What a caring little child he is! He wanted me to know that he loved me, and I was able to carry that message with me all day long. After school, I ran into my friend again, and he asked if I still had the heart. Happily, I did, although in a faded version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!