Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Kindergarten Proposal?





I'm teaching the kindergarten classes about how to calm down strong feelings so they can think clearly about the best thing to do. One of the ideas I suggest is to exercise or play hard because huffing and puffing help us be able to relax. At the end of some of our lessons, we dance to "I Like to Move It, Move It", which was in one of the Madagascar movies. Since this song has terrific rhythm, it's extremely popular with the children. As I was leaving a class today, a dark-haired, smiling boy said, "Miss Mimi, will you play that song again next time?" I said that I would because we'd still be talking about calming down strong feelings, and the song fits the lesson. Grinning broadly, the little boy fully extended his arm, pointed at my face, and said, "When I grow up, I'm gonna marry you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!