Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Bee Hospital

On her way to class yesterday morning, a pretty dark-haired second grader sporting a chocolate milk mustache stopped to tell me a story. "Miss Mimi, I saw a bee in pain." "Oh I'm sorry, that must have made you sad," I empathized. Nodding, the little girl continued, "I have a bee hospital at my house. I give them medicine, and in about 3 days they get well." "What kind of medicine do you give them?" I asked. " I don't know, but my mom buys it for me," she said. "How do you give them the medicine?" I wondered. "Well, we put it in a flower and bring it to the bees. When they suck up the pollen, they get the medicine, and it makes them feel better." What an interesting conversation, and what a compassionate but fanciful female!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!