Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Peace, Baby!


 We have a fashionista who attends Farragut Primary! She's a long-haired second grader who has a seriously adorable sense of style. This particular little girl has to visit the nurse several times a day, and since the nurse's office is next door to mine, this child stops in frequently to say hello. Today, she wore black bell-bottoms and a hot pink t-shirt depicting a mermaid, which she wore pulled up and gathered on one side, showing about an inch of skin. Breezing by my room as I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, she threw open my door, held it with one hand, cocked one hip, put her hand on that hip, and said, " Well I see you're eating lunch. I'm hippie-style today. What do you think?" Grinning back at her, I flashed the peace sign and said, "Groovy. Peace, Baby!" Without hesitating, she offered a peace sign of her own and sashayed on down the hall back to her classroom. Just one shining moment in the life of a primary school teacher!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!