Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Anatomy Lesson

As I walked down the hall with a red-headed first grader, I asked where his glasses were. He said, "Oh, I was climbing the jungle gym at daycare yesterday when I slipped and fell flat on my face. My glasses got bent, and my mom is taking them to get fixed." "Ooh, that must have hurt," I replied. "It did," he said, "but the worst part was when my leg hit a metal bar on the way down. I've got a bruise in my leg pit." Thinking I understood but wanting to check it out, I inquired about where his leg pit was. He twisted around and touched the back of his knee, bending and flexing it to show me his leg pit. Now THAT'S a term I've never heard, but it makes perfect sense, so I guess I learned about a new body part today! Don't kids say the cutest things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!