Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Kindergarten Roundup Greeter

Today was kindergarten roundup in Knox County, and by the time I Ieft for the day, our school foyer was filled with excited 4 and 5 year olds holding their mamas' hands in anticipation of exploring their big new school. As I headed for the exit doors, I noticed a charming family scene. One of my favorite second grade boys and his first grade brother were waiting at the registration tables. They were keeping an eye on their little sister as she slept soundly in her stroller because their mom had stepped into the nearby office for a minute. The younger brother was at the end of the table, and the older was leaning on his elbows right in the central portion of the same table. My second grade friend, who has freckles and glasses and an abundance of personality, wore an ear-to-ear grin as he watched the new wide-eyed kindergarten children walk in. Akin to the style of the most personable Wal-Mart greeters, my ever-so-friendly pal enthused, "Welcome to Farragut Primary, the school of your dreams!" What a serendipitous endorsement for our new students, and what a giggle to experience at the end of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!