Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Deep in Thought


Our kindergarten topic in guidance class this past week was on decision-making. For quite a while now, we've been learning that we all have a conscience and a brain, and they're always with us to help us solve problems and decide how to act, even when our parents and teachers aren't around. Well, we were reading a Franklin the Turtle book about finding a lost camera and being tempted and peer-pressured to keep it instead of trying to find its owner. Posing the question, "How would Franklin have felt if he had kept the camera without trying to find the right owner?", I heard children say "Guilty" and "Ashamed", which is what I had hoped they'd say. Then I noticed my "Dennis the Menace-clone" friend say in a very quiet voice, "Religious". He said this as if he were talking to himself, all the while maintaining an intense focus on the book. My thought was that this little 5 year old boy was integrating the faith his parents are teaching him into his everyday life, and I know they'll be proud to hear this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!