Monday, May 26, 2014

The Spice of Life


(Although this isn't a school story, it could be used as an example in a lesson on making mistakes!) 
Bless his little heart! My sweet Phillip took me to Gatlinburg for a couple of nights during my birthday week in July, we stayed in my favorite spot, ate yummy food over and over again, and enjoyed being tourists in our own backyard! However, Phillip made 2 hilarious mistakes. The first had to do with a card he gave me. As I opened it, I was impressed with the fact that he chose a card with a beautiful mountain scene, similar to the way the landscape looked on our Norwegian trip this summer. But as I read the inside of the card, I cracked up. The poor boy got me a card that said "To a great guy!" Phillip has trouble reading without his glasses, and apparently he missed that word! The other funny mistake he made was that he gave me a gift card to a department store. Now that in itself is NOT anywhere NEAR a mistake, as I LOVE to shop when somebody else is paying. The problem was that, since he included the receipt, I could see that the card was rung up as "maternity"! Phillip did say he had noticed that and had asked the lady at the store about it, but she had no idea why it said that. I love funny little things that happen in life, and especially when more than one occurs on the same day, and that day happens to be my birthday! Laughter is truly the spice of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!