Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Gotcha!

In the past, I've written about an admirably honest second grade boy whom I check on each morning. He has a behavioral goal, and his teacher gives him a daily 1-10 score based on how hard he tried to meet that goal during the previous day. I'm frequently impressed with this child because, if his teacher gives him a higher score than he thinks he deserves, he's really good about lowering it a notch or two. Well this morning, his teacher bragged on him, saying he'd had a fantastic day yesterday and that he had earned a 10. The little blond boy looked up at her and softly said, "I think it should be a 5." At the same time, his teacher and I opened our mouths in protest, put our hands on our hips, cocked our heads, and prepared to argue that he was being too rough on himself. With a burst of excitement, the child yelled, "April Fool!", and cracked up laughing. Yep, he got us both, and needless to say, that was the first of many tricks that were played on me today and, I'm pretty sure, on teachers everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!