Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Booby Chair





While teaching a kindergarten class a few months ago, the canvas seat of the director's chair in which I was sitting collapsed, turning me into a literal Screaming Mimi. Well, the kids howled with laughter while I pretended to huffily accuse them of booby trapping me. Since that time, I always carefully check the "booby trap chair" before sitting down to teach the lesson. Today I was unpacking my teaching materials in preparation for their class, and I noticed that the chair's seat had once again come loose from its wooden supports. Noticing me checking out the situation, one of my favorite mischievous little boys said, "Watch out for the booby chair!" His teacher came over and put her shoulder next to mine, we both turned our faces away from the kids, and simultaneously we silently cracked up! Booby chair indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!