Friday, April 3, 2015

Daddy's Got My Back




Not too long ago, I talked with a mischievous freckle-faced boy about some family changes he was going through. At one point I asked if he'd talked with his parents about how he was feeling. "Oh yes," he replied. "My dad is my advocate." Surprised to hear such a big word coming out of the mouth of such a little tyke, I asked, "Do you know what an advocate is?" Nodding his head vigorously, the child said, "Yeah, it means that my dad has my back and always will, no matter what happens." Wow! I was so impressed by the relationship that these two obviously have, and consequently, I felt like everything would be alright during the transitions in this little boy's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!