Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Speak for YourSELF!



Each morning, I visit a couple of teachers' classrooms to check on how their students behaved the previous day. Each class has two specific goals, such as to use kind words and to follow first request. After receiving a 1-10 score for each goal from the teacher, I choose a child to color in vertical bar graphs on a rainbow chart. For example, if the score is 7, the child colors 7 boxes on the graph. Well today I asked a handsome dark-haired boy to color in two fantastic scores...a 10 and a 10. As he pondered which crayons to use, a fair-skinned girl at his table predicted that he'd choose pink. "Yeah, he colors everything pink," said a tawny-haired neighbor. Curious, I asked the boy who was about to color, "So do you like the color pink?" Shaking his head and rolling his eyes, he said, "Yeah, for PIGS." I snorted with laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!