Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Daydream Believer?





Today I was administering a questionnaire of school problems to a handsome blond first grader. He was supposed to listen to each sentence and then tell me whether the problem was big, middle-sized, or small in his life. Things were going well, and I got the feeling that the child was being honest about his responses. When we got to the problem of daydreaming during work time, I had to repeat the question, as the mischievous little boy was staring into space. "I daydream too much in class," I read for the second time. Jerking his head as if to wake himself up, the child grinned and said, "Oh...sorry. I was thinking about a marshmallow marrying a monkey!" At this point, I wasn't sure whether the child was really daydreaming during a daydreaming question or just pulling my leg with his precocious sense of humor, so I laughingly asked him about it. "No, really!" he said. "I was thinking about a marshmallow marrying a monkey." And then he tried to convince me that daydreaming was not a problem for him! Okay, either he was teasing me AGAIN, or daydreaming is INDEED an issue for him. He simply can't have it both ways! Either way, this little boy has a zany personality and is very fun to talk with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!