Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cup of Joe





Recently, I was in a second grade classroom teaching about how kindness can help keep us out of conflicts and can also turn "enemies" into friends. Before reading a story on this topic, we discussed how feelings can change, not only about people but about foods, sports, hobbies, school subjects, and more. Just because we don't like something or someone at FIRST doesn't mean we'll ALWAYS feel that way. Giving things and people a chance can improve our feelings about them. After asking the children to tell me about times this had been true in their own lives, I heard examples such as changing their minds about broccoli, basketball, gymnastics, kids on the bus, karate, and more. But I was surprised to hear one blond-haired boy say matter-of-factly, "I used to not like coffee, but now I do." Wow! That boy's starting YOUNG! I know his teacher will be thrilled to hear about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!