Saturday, April 18, 2015

Giggles and Gratitude




As people my age know, growing older has both pros and cons. Physically, the issues are mostly cons! I believe in taking good care of myself and wearing a smile and making the best of what God gave me to work with, but still, aging can be a bit depressing! Well, three little second grade girls helped perk me up yesterday as I was leaving school. I walked out of my room into the hallway, and a beautiful child with white-blonde hair bounced from her knees, held both hands to her sides dramatically, and said, "I like your outfit, AGAIN! You always look like a fashionista, which is what I'm gonna be when I grow up!" Thanking her, I told her she didn't have to wait, that I adored her polka-dot capris. Meanwhile, two of her classmates chimed in to remind me that one of their second grade friends was moving to Los Angeles this weekend. As the girls oohed and aahed over the fact that she'd be close to Disneyland and beaches, I mentioned that she'd also be near Hollywood and might even see movie stars walking down the street. "Well she's gonna see YOU then, 'cause YOU'RE a movie star!" said one of the children. Giggling with gratitude and good cheer, I wished the students a happy weekend and moseyed on. The point of this story is that being surrounded by sweet, loving, good-hearted children surely does help what ails me, and THAT will keep my young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!