Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thank You, Lord!




Can you say WARDROBE MALFUNCTION? Well I nearly had a DOOZY of one yesterday! I was visiting a first grade classroom to check on a little blond spitfire who is working on following first request and showing respect. Each day I drop by early, his teacher gives him a 1-10 score on each of his two goals, and he colors in that many squares on a bar graph, which we call a rainbow chart. As he stood beside me and colored his chart, I stood up to straighten my skirt, which had turned itself around so that the zipper wasn't in the back, where it was supposed to be. As I fumbled to find the wayward zipper, my eyes flew open as round as possible, I probably turned white with fear, and I gasped in horror. Miss Maner, the teacher, said, "What's wrong, Miss Mimi?" "Oh my goodness," I said. "My skirt is all the way unzipped, and I was too lazy to fasten the hook and eye this morning! It is a MIRACLE that it didn't fall off right here in front of your whole class!" The little boy beside me jerked his head around to look at me, quickly turned it away again, grinned, and slapped both hands over his eyes. "I wouldn't have looked, Miss Mimi," he said. Miss Maner chimed in, "No, Miss Mimi, we wouldn't have looked." "Yeah right," I giggled. I sat back down, still almost hyperventilating with the aftereffects of sheer fright, and continued to chuckle about my near mishap. The child put down his crayon, turned to me with a bright smile, slapped me playfully on the chest, and said, "Here, let me put your heart back in!" All day long I cringed every time I considered what might have happened if my skirt had fallen to my feet in front of MISS MANER and her crew. WHAT a nightmare that would have been! Lesson learned? No matter how tedious it may be, ALWAYS fasten hooks and eyes on skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!