Monday, August 25, 2014

DUCK!



As I power-walked down the hall around 1:00 today, I passed a pretty blonde second grader who was rubbing her head with a perturbed expression on her face. "Hello!" I said as we met. "Miss Mimi, I got hit in the head by a juice box", she said. "Ouch!" I responded. "That must have hurt." At this point, she flashed me a lopsided grin. "Yeah, I was just sitting there minding my own business when a juicebox flew by." "Well whoever threw it was using his hands for hurting," I said, referring to one of our peacemaking rules. "Did you throw it back at him?" Screwing her face up as if that was the dumbest thing she'd ever heard, the little girl said, "Why no!" "Good!" I said. "YOU were spreading sunshine, and HE was spreading thunderstorms!" Nodding firmly with self-satisfaction, the child smiled and continued on her way to class. Just an example of an everyday conversation in the halls of a primary school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!