Wednesday, August 20, 2014

She Loves Her Mama!

As I talked with a blue-eyed first grader this morning, I felt my heart begin to melt. She comes to see me because her mom has serious health problems, and Mom wants her little girl to have some support at school. The child adores her mother and wants to do everything she can to help her. Well, at one point in the conversation, the child told me about their house having ants in the kitchen, which is something I can relate to, as it happens from time to time. Then, with her tiny little girl voice, she looked at me with her beautiful eyes, pointed to her front teeth, and said, "When this tooth and this tooth and this tooth and this tooth come out, I'm gonna get some money from the tooth fairy and help my mama pay somebody to get rid of those ants." What a sweet heart of gold this little girl has!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!