Saturday, November 1, 2014

Thanks, Kid!








As I checked on a student outside her classroom early this morning, a harried mom rounded the corner with her auburn-haired first grader in tow. With a smile of recognition, her little girl said in a bubbly voice, "Oh hi, Miss Mimi! This is my mom. She's not wearing any make-up!" Her mother appeared to be too rushed to see the humor in that introduction and hurried on into her daughter's classroom, but I cracked up! After the mom came back into the hallway to leave the school, I said jokingly, " It was nice to meet you. Now go put on some make-up!" Rolling her eyes with a grin, she said, "Yeah, apparently I need to!" I guess there's just no guaranteed dignity when you have a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!