Sunday, November 9, 2014

Who CARES What I Look Like?




As I walked down the hallway toward my office on Friday, I met a kindergarten class on their way to the restroom. My eyes were drawn to what initially looked like a scarecrow in their line. One of the cutest red-headed boys ever had a wide black vertical stripe on the tip of his nose, which from afar made his nose look hollow (hence the scarecrow likeness). Since this adorable child has very poor impulse control, he blurted out, "Hey Miss Mimi!" and hopped out of line to grab me around the waist. "Hey! What's on your nose?" I said. Furrowing his eyebrows and looking perplexed, he answered, "I don't know," and touched the area in question. One of his buddies said, "It's from a marker." Breaking into a wide grin, the freckle-faced scarecrow said, "Oh yeah, that's 'cause it smells good!" I guess appearance takes a back seat to the short-term thrill of a scented marker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!