Monday, October 27, 2014

Watch Those Teeth!





Today I was summoned by a substitute teacher to come help her with a boy having a meltdown. According to the girl who came to get me, the angry boy was beet red and yelling across the room continually. When I talked with the boy, he animatedly widened his big brown eyes, shook his head back and forth, and loudly carried on about how everybody was trying to tell him what to do, and how HE DIDN'T NEED ANY HELP. HE COULD DO IT HIMSELF!!! As I let him vent about a variety of stressors, he made a unique analogy. Attempting to describe just how very put out he was with his classmates, he said, "It's like I'm a sandwich, and they're trying to take a bite out of me. They've reached the hamburger patty, WHICH IS MY LAST NERVE!" Happily, the child calmed down within a few minutes and was able to go back to class. While I didn't enjoy his outburst, I loved the creative language he used while getting his frustration out of his system!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!