Thursday, June 12, 2014

All I Had To Wear


A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about a darling kindergarten boy who's in love with a little girl in his class. It's mutual, and one day recently he wore his "engagement outfit" to school to show his teachers. Later, the "bride's" mom told the teacher that she (the "fiancĂ©" ) had selected the clothes her "groom" wore that day! The two families are friends and socialize together, which explains how the little girl had access to the little boy's wardrobe! Anyway, today I went to check on the blond-haired boy, which is something I do every morning. With his hands in his pockets, he confidently walked to the door to greet me, sporting khaki pants, a black and white-striped shirt (untucked, of course) and a caddy-wampus beige plaid clip-on tie. His athletic shoes were once again orange. With a serious tone of voice, he look at me with his blue eyes and said, "This is all I had to wear." Two things tickle me about this scenario. First, the little freckle-faced cutie surely didn't need to add a tie when he was down to the last outfit in his closet and on his way to kindergarten. And secondly, I taught his class an hour later and noticed that he had ditched the dress shirt and tie in favor of a plain gray t-shirt! Seriously, this child loves to entertain, and his teacher and I are  an appreciative and willing audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!