Friday, June 13, 2014

Talented Twins



    As I got ready to hit the road for home this afternoon, I passed a little boy from our in-school daycare as he walked down the hall. "Miss Mimi, guess what! I can burp the alphabet!" Laughing, he entered the boys' restroom. As I continued on toward the exit doors, his identical twin brother rounded the corner. "Hey", I said. "Your brother says he can burp the alphabet." Grinning, the twin said, "Yep, he can!" "Can you do it, too?" I asked. "No," he said, "I can't even burp at all." Curious, I asked, "Well, will you try so I can see what he's talking about?" Lowering his chin toward his chest, the freckle-faced boy made a belching sound and simultaneously said, "A (belch) B (belch) C", and then cracked up. "Oh my goodness, that's quite a talent!" I said. "Maybe we should have Ms. Byrd (our principal) put your brother on the announcements tomorrow and let you show everybody!" Delighted, the child scampered into the restroom where I guess he told his brother to get ready to perform. What a happy way to leave the building on a rainy Wednesday, and what a unique melody to have stuck in my head all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!