Thursday, March 5, 2015

Yeah, RIGHT...!




Here's a cute story that occurred in a kindergarten class yesterday. I've been teaching about calming down strong feelings and doing the right thing. Yesterday, I focused on talking to someone you trust about your worries, fears, and problems. To make the point that people can't read our minds and may not know what's bothering us unless we tell them, we played a game. I told a secret to an adorable red-haired boy, and the class tried to either guess what I'd told him or read our minds. As children raised their hands, my accomplice called on them. Guesses varied and included: "You're giving us a party!" "You're getting a puppy." "Always brush your teeth." "Care about each others' feelings." "Uhh....I forgot!" Anyway, nobody guessed correctly and nobody read our minds, so I asked my helper to tell the class the secret I'd told him. In a shy voice and with a sly grin, he said, "She said her husband has big muscles." As the teachers laughed and many children sighed and shook their heads, one petite girl blurted out, "I was gonna SAY that!"' Another yelled, "Yeah, me TOO!" The teachers and I raised our eyebrows, shook our heads with a giggle, and said, "Ahhhh...SURE you were!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!