Saturday, October 24, 2015

His Heart Was in the Right Place Anyway!




The other morning, I was setting up to teach a second grade guidance class as the children were returning from art. The teacher was getting some papers ready to grade and was preparing to leave the room while I taught her class. Beside me, I noticed a little boy with a cowlick walk politely up to the teacher and put something in her hand. Although he said something to her, I couldn't hear his words. With a grin, the teacher said to the child, "Why thank you! I'll enjoy this while I work!" Since it was obvious from my expression that I was curious, the child sedately explained that he had just given his teacher a salted caramel cookie (which happened to be invisible, by the way!). Playing along, I responded, "How SWEET!" With a nod, the boy started back to his seat, made a U-turn, walked back to me and said, "Here, I have another one." And he placed an invisible soft, warm cookie in my hand as well. What a cutie, and how my mouth watered and tummy grumbled as I began to teach the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!