Saturday, August 22, 2015

Gee Thanks, Kid!





Some children just keep me in stitches, including a freckle-faced sandy-haired boy who comes to mind. During our very first visit together, we discussed his school, his friends, and his family as I began getting to know him. HIs parents are divorced, so he told me about his dad and step-mom and siblings. At this point, I asked whether his mom was remarried or dating someone special, and he looked taken aback. Throwing back his head, screwing up his mouth, and raising one eyebrow, he said in an amused tone of voice, "I don't really think she would DO that." "Why's that?" I asked. Bursting out into a snort, he said, "Have you SEEN her?" Although I probably shouldn't have, I cracked up. "Well that's not very nice! What do you mean by that?" I replied. "I HAVE seen your mom, and she's very cute!" Realizing that he had possibly insulted his mother, the little boy said, "Well, she's not bad, but she's just not in that good shape." My my my! I think this little guy might be just a little bit TOO honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!