Saturday, December 3, 2016

Punny Story


Image result for kids playing baseball




Strike one, strike two, strike three, you're out!  Just like in baseball, my kindergarten students know that if anyone breaks three rules during our 45 minute guidance class, that person will have to leave our group on the carpet and go back to his or her seat.  At the beginning of each class, we briefly read the rules, and I remind the children about 1, 2, 3, out.  As I reviewed this practice with a class on Monday, I used a few Spanish words with which they're familiar:  "That's uno, that's dos, that's tres..."  And since that's about the extent of my Spanish, I asked the teacher, Mrs. Smith (who speaks both English and Spanish), how to say "seat".  "Silla", she answered, which as you may know is pronounced "see ya".  Realizing that we had ourselves a pun in the making, I giggled and said to the students, "Okay, if you break three rules, I'll say, 'That's uno, that's dos, that's tres.  SEE YA, go back to your silla!' "   Oh the joy of silly moments that punctuate a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!