Saturday, May 21, 2016

Goofballs!






Bags galore, many stuffed to the brim, are toted by children through our school hallways en route to a big pile in our foyer.  This occurs during Sack Pack week in May, and the bags are filled with clothes and toys for Goodwill.  Students typically feel so happy that they're able to donate and help others, and many stop me along my way in order to tell me exactly what they're carrying in those bags. Recently, I noticed a grinning first grader holding two fat plastic grocery bags, one in each hand, up close to his chest. "Look, Miss Mimi, I have boobs!" he announced to one and all. " From somewhere nearby, I heard another child quip, "Hey Dolly!"  Hearty giggling ensued, and I just shook my head, thinking that there's rarely a dull minute in primary school hallways first thing in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!