Saturday, September 19, 2015

Penny For Your Thoughts!



Any Big Bang fans out there? If so, this story will make sense. While teaching a first grade class this week, I was introduced to a new student named Penny. "Oh I just love that name!" I exclaimed. A brown-haired spitfire sitting at the table beside me raised his hand as if he urgently needed to say something. When I called on him, he knocked on the table in staccato rhythm...Knock knock knock "Penny!", knock knock knock "Penny!", knock knock knock, "Penny!" I hee-hawed! In case you aren't familiar with this tv show, that's exactly how Sheldon knocks every time he visits his across-the-hall neighbor Penny's apartment. Now that's what I call quick thinking on this little mischievous boy's part. He just needed to hear the name Penny and instantly made this connection!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!