Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Year's Tears





Last Tuesday I walked into a second grade classroom with my arms full of teaching materials and was swarmed by a group of children coming up to greet and hug me. You see, we hadn't seen each other since before Christmas. Excitedly, they talked over each other about their holiday fun. One little boy with silky blond hair stood out. Throwing his arms around my waist, he looked up at me with a big smile and said, "Miss Mimi, I watched the ball drop on New Year's Eve, and I cried my eyes out when it fell." Curious, I asked, "Why did you cry?" Waving his hands around in an effort to express just how much he meant what he was saying, the child tilted his head, thought a moment, and explained, "Well...because I just had so many happy memories in 2014, and I hated to see that year end." What a blessing to be so content, and how wonderful that this little boy is aware of and grateful for the joys of his second grade year. I believe I could take a lesson from him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!