Thursday, December 11, 2014

Run That By Me One More Time??




I got a little overjoyed in kindergarten guidance class today. Maybe it was the Christmas spirit, but I found myself acting way too silly. I did a cheer for the class when they did something I was proud of, got them all laughing, and then realized I really needed to stop clowning around and start teaching. Pointing my bossing finger at myself, I said, "Mimi, calm down this instant. Stop acting silly and start teaching these children immediately! You are getting them entirely too riled up, and no learning whatsoever is occurring!" In the midst of the giggles, one fair-skinned girl's comment stood out. In a squeaky voice, I heard her call out, "What the HELL??" I might have second-guessed my ears and wondered if she'd really uttered those exact words, but a chubby child behind her reached up, grabbed her arm to pull her back a bit, looked her in the face, and said, "Don't say that bad word!" This confirmed what I thought I'd heard, but fortunately, the other students were so busy laughing that they didn't notice a thing out of the ordinary. To that, I say, "Whew!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!