Saturday, September 17, 2016

A Memorable Picture Day


Image result for boy with marker on his face


Picture day at a primary school! Walking through the hallways while children are making their way to class in the morning is a visual treat. It's like watching a fashion parade of adorable duds for kids, and most students are as clean as a whistle and well-groomed to boot. And this is what makes this story so hilarious. As I usually do, I walked down the first grade hallway to check on and encourage a freckle-faced, cow-licked boy. When he saw me at the door, he stood with a straight face and walked across the room to join me in the hall. As he did so, my eyeballs popped, and I'm sure my hand went to my mouth in consternation. For walking in my direction, seemingly unaware of his appearance, came a well-dressed child with a huge, jet black circle drawn around his face all the way from the bridge of his nose to his chin. I had greeted this little boy when he walked past my classroom about 15 minutes previously, and his face had been shiny and clean. Now THIS is one school picture that will bring back memorable moments for this child and his family!

1 comment:

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!