Thursday, September 11, 2014

AKA Phlegm



As I do every morning, I stopped by to check on a very emotional first grade boy. Unfortunately, the minute I walked into his room he realized that his desk had been moved out of the group in order to keep him from becoming so distracted during work time, and he burst into tears. We walked into the hall and sat at a table to talk, which helped him calm down rather quickly. The handsome little boy, who was smiling by this point, tried to clear his throat and asked to run get a paper towel in the bathroom. Half a minute later, he returned, grinning from ear to ear. "Miss Mimi, do you have any children?" he asked. "No, I have ZERO children," I answered. "Well if you GET some children, I hope they don't get woogies in their throat like I just did," he went on. "I call them oysters, and yeah, they can be pretty gross," I said. Two thoughts crossed my mind: What interesting conversations primary school educators are accustomed to, and at my age, how thrilling to hear that my first grade friend thought I might still "get" some children of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!