Sunday, September 28, 2014

Now Where Did THAT Come From??





Friday afternoon, I heard a tiny knock on my office door. Opening it, I was thrilled to see one of my favorite boys from last school year, who has moved on to third grade at our sister school. He was just stopping by with his grandparents, who were picking up his younger brother from school. We both jumped for joy, squealing and flapping our hands with glee! Since I had just that moment finished eating lunch in my room and was in the process of cleaning up after myself, I reached for the hand sanitizer. " My hands smell like dill pickles," I said. Grinning and shaking his head, my freckle-faced friend said, "I'm not a pickle fan. I'd rather smell a camel than eat a pickle." This popped out of his mouth without a second's forethought, and THAT, my friends, is an example of why this child had the title of last year's second grade Mr. Personality, and why I miss him so much this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can now add comments, so please feel free to do so!